This spring roll recipe can be made vegetarian with tofu, or with baby shrimp if you prefer. Brimming with vegetables and lots of flavor, these spring rolls make a great appetizer or party food. And they're surprisingly easy to make. Get some help from your children or guests with the rolling, and you'll be crunching on these delicious spring rolls in no time. As a bonus, this spring roll recipe is also fresher and healthier than the spring rolls you'll find in most restaurants. ENJOY!
Prep Time: 35 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: Approx. 1 dozen spring rolls
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 thumb-size piece galangal OR ginger, grated
- 2 green onions, sliced into matchstick pieces
- 1 red chili, minced, OR 1/2 to 1 tsp. cayenne pepper (omit if you prefer very mild spring rolls)
- 1/2 cup shredded or finely chopped cabbage
- 4-6 shiitake mushrooms, cut into matchstick pieces
- 1/2 cup medium to firm tofu, sliced into matchstick pieces (If non-vegetarian: add 1/2 cup cooked baby shrimp) approx. 2 cups bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp. oil, plus more for deep-frying
- 1 pkg. spring roll wrappers (thawed if frozen)
- STIR-FRY SAUCE:
- 2 Tbsp. regular soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. fish sauce OR vegetarian stir-fry sauce (I like Lee Kum Kee brand)
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1/4 tsp. sugar
Thai sweet chili sauce (available in most supermarkets, Asian section)
1. Place 2 Tbsp. oil in a wok or large frying pan over medium to high heat. Add garlic, galangal (or ginger), green onion, and chili. Stir-fry until fragrant (about 1 minute). Stir-frying Tip: Add a little water to the wok/pan when it gets too dry instead of more oil.
2. Add cabbage, mushrooms, and tofu (or shrimp). As you stir-fry, add the sauce. Stir-fry 1-2 minutes, until vegetables have softened.
3. Remove from heat and add bean sprouts, tossing to mix in.
4. Do a taste test for salt, adding 1 Tbsp. more fish or soy sauce if not salty enough.
5. To assemble rolls, place a spring roll wrapper on a clean working surface. Place one heaping Tbsp. of the filling on the wrapper (if using large wrappers, you will need more).
Tips: Spread the filling lengthwise along the spring roll wrapper nearer the end closest to you. Also, try not to include too much of the liquid left in the bottom of your wok/pan (a slotted spoon works well for this - drier filling is better.
6. Now sprinkle some of the fresh coriander and basil over the filling.
7. Fold the left and right sides of wrapper over filling, then lift up the wide end nearest you and tuck overtop. Roll to the other end. Secure the roll by dipping your fingers in some water and wetting the end, "pasting" it shut.
8. To fry spring rolls, place some oil (about 1 inch deep) in a wok or deep-sided frying pan over medium-high heat. When bubbles rise, or when the oil begins to form snake-like lines across the bottom of the pan, the oil may be hot enough. To test it, dip one corner of a spring roll into the oil. If it beginsto sizzle and cook, the oil is ready. If not, wait another 30 seconds to one minute and try again.
9. Using tongs, place spring rolls in oil, allowing them to fry about 1 minute on each side. Spring rolls are done when they turn light to medium golden-brown (see photo). Place on paper towels (or a clean dish towel) to drain while you finish frying the rest.
10. Serve spring rolls while still hot with Thai Sweet Chili Sauce, or your own dipping sauce (see recipe above). ENJOY!
TO MAKE YOUR OWN DIPPING SAUCE: Mix 1/3 cup plum sauce with 3 Tbsp. soy sauce. Add fresh cut red chili or dried crushed chili as desired.
Thank you article from http://thaifood.about.com/od/vegetarianthairecipes/r/springrolls.htm
The Green Leaf Certificate
Wildlife Certification Scheme Committee
Please read our policy.
Cancellation or amendment policy (Payment Online)
From Grande Ville Hotel, turn left, cross the street and then cross the street on your right again and there you are at the Little India Town, where you can find Indian spices, Indian food, clothes, small souvenirs, shoes, clothes, very cheap fabric, accessories, wedding stores and Thai wedding souvenirs and other miscellaneous items.Pahurat | Phahurat Road (Little India Bangkok)
For futher information and prices, please contact our sales representative.
The Grande Ville Hotel Bangkok provides Wedding Package for our clients who would like to have wedding party in Thailand. We organize either Modern or Thai Traditional Style inclusive Chinese Traditional Style. We are expert for Catering Wedding Banquet in Thailand. Your happiness will be here!! The Grande Ville Hotel Bangkok!!
Looking for a nice wedding venue in Chinatown?
Grande Ville provides excellent and all-inclusive wedding package in the old city part of Bangkok. We are an expert in catering a wedding banquet. Our function rooms are spacious, nice and cozy. Splendid food and superb services. Luxurious wedding at economy price. Call today to book your wedding date at 02 225 0050 ext. 856, 875, and 858.
โรง แรมแกรนด์ เดอ วิลล์ ขอร่วมแสดงความยินดี ในวาระพิเศษสำหรับคู่บ่าวสาว ที่จัดงานเลี้ยงฉลองมงคลสมรส ด้วยอภินันทนาการและโบนัสพิเศษต่างๆ
* บัตรส่วนลด VIP Card 10% ที่ครัวไซทอง ค็อฟฟี่ช็อป
* ชำระเงินมัดจำ 30% ส่วนที่เหลือชำระหลังจากงานเลี้ยง โดยชำระเป็นเงินสดหรือเครดิตการ์ด
Looking for a nice wedding venue in Chinatown?
Call today to book your wedding date at 02 225 0050 ext. 856, 875, and 858.
Our Grande Ville Hotel Bangkok offers Center of Conference Facilities that are prepared for our coming clients from World Wide. We have not less 10 Conference&Banquet Rooms that are ready to be served for you who will be our valued clients.
|Room||Dimension||Size(sqm)||Ceilling Hight||Theater||Class Room||Buffet||Cocktail||Chinese|
|Rommanee Hall||13.0 x 33.7||438.00||3.00 m.||500||350||350||600||400|
|Mahachai||9.0 x 22.4||300.00||3.35 m.||200||120||150||250||220|
|Kanchanee||8.3 x 14.4||119.52||3.35 m.||100||60||80||100||100|
|Burapapirom||8.5 x 12.0||102.00||3.35 m.||80||40||60||80||80|
|Fuengnakorn||8.0 x 10.3||82.40||3.35 m.||60||30||40||60||50|
|Triphech||7.5 x 14.5||108.75||2.55 m.||100||60||100||120||120|
|Pleonpirom 1||5.3 x 7.4||39.60||2.55 m.||30||20||20||30||30|
|Pleonpirom 2||4.1 x 7.6||31.30||2.55 m.||30||20||20||30||30|
|Pleonpirom 3,4||4.5 x 3.8||17.10||2.55 m.||10||10||10||10||10|
|Pleonpirom 5||4.5 x 5.9||26.90||2.55 m.||15||15||15||20||20|
|Pleonpirom 6,7||4.4 x 5.4||24.10||2.55 m.||15||15||15||20||20|
|Poomsarp||12.5 x 24.4||369.00||2.70 m.||140||80||120||140||140|
13.0 x 18.0
|Rommanee Garden||25.0 x 24.1||602.00||-||250||150||200||200||150|
|Meeting Facilities :|
|Room Type||Special Internet / Net Rate|
|Tariff||Now - 31 Dec 2011||US$|
|Superior (Single bed)||2,000++||1,600 Baht||$54|
|Superior (Twin/Double bed)||2,300++||1,800 Baht||$60|
|Deluxe (Single bed)||2,500++||1,900 Baht||$64|
|Deluxe (Twin/Double bed)||2,800++||2,100 Baht||$70|
|Jr. Suite (Single bed)||2,700++||2,300 Baht||$77|
|Jr. Suite (Twin/Double bed)||3,000++||2,500 Baht||$84|
|Extra Bed**||600||500 Baht||$20|
|SPECIAL PRIVILEGES FOR GRANDE VILLE INTERNET BOOKERS|
|Tariff rates are subject to service charge and vat.|
|** Extra bed is not include ABF.|
|ABF for Extra bed is 150 Baht (Optional)|
© Copyright 2012 www.grandevillehotel.com All Rights Reserved
903 Mahachai Road, Wang Burapa, Bangkok 10200 Tel : +662 225 0050 Fax : + 662 225 7593